Recent years have seen HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), devote more and more of their resources towards enquiries and investigations, and there is no sign that this is likely to change in the immediate future.
Whether it is in connection with you personally or focuses on your business, an HMRC tax enquiry can often be an intrusive and stressful experience, while also proving costly in terms of time and professional fees.
Any individual or business can be subject to a tax enquiry. Some investigations are opened due to inconsistencies within the accounts or tax returns, or sometimes because of HMRC choosing to target specific business sectors. Some can be entirely random.
- Are you struggling to handle an HMRC enquiry by yourself?
- Do you want someone to reduce your stress by acting as a shield between you and HMRC?
- Are you concerned about an issue that could become a bigger problem if not handled correctly?
- Do you have a historic tax issue that you want settled with HMRC on the best possible terms?
- Do you want to ensure that your business and tax affairs are as robust as possible, so you can head-off a potential enquiry and protect your position?
- Are you worried that your current accountant is out of their depth in dealing with an ongoing enquiry, or unable to handle the complexities that lay ahead.
Our team has a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of HMRC investigations, and includes former HMRC staff possessing a detailed knowledge and understanding of the process. Whether the issue is a relatively straightforward aspect enquiry/compliance review, or a case of suspected fraud, our team have the experience to provide expert help and support in bringing the matter to a conclusion.
Require more information?
Information on the Tax Investigation Service we offer can be found here.
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01962 735544. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.